Outline Development Plan
- To create a welcoming and safe environment where all members of the community, including minority ethnic groups and those with disabilities, can enjoy rides on the trains
- To educate children & their families about our industrial heritage, particularly our railways and heavy industries.
- To support fund raising & other activities in Exhibition Park
- To encourage all types of model engineering and the manufacturing skills that are needed to manufacture models both from the past and present.
Over the next 5 years the club wishes to build on the work already completed in the past 5 years successes include the new clubhouse & workshop facilities, new fencing, improved access.
- Build a carriage shed for safe storage and easy access to the ground level passenger trucks
- Improve the safety of passenger hauling with the addition of air brakes and a guard truck
- Build a shelter for the stationmaster
- Consider further storage options as necessary
- Build a patio area outside the new clubhouse
- Add a retractable canopy over the patio
- Landscape site of old buildings
- Encourage use of lake for model boating, host an annual ‘regatta’ including visiting clubs
- Develop the workshop facilities
- Develop a series of visits, talks and events for members
- As the club grows, ensure good communication through a published calendar of events and occasional open meetings.